Check out the types of bands we book first to make sure you are a good fit for our intimate venue.
We do not usually book bands with underage members. If a member of your band is under 21, the booking manager/owner needs to be alerted and will be allowed to play on a case by case basis.
Would you like to play at The Way Station?
Send a short introduction and links to music and videos. If we like it, we'll get back to you. Most set times are 45 minutes long. Let us know if you will be playing solo, with accompaniment or with a full band.
Already played our venue and want to rebook your band?
• We book 3 months in advance, but sometimes have open slots sooner, and occasionally have last minute openings.
• We book five nights a week, Tuesday thru Saturday with 3-4 bands per night.
• We have limited room for singer songwriters, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8pm slots only.
• Due to the large volume of emails, it may take two months or more for us to respond to your request to play. We only respond to those performers who will be booked.
• Please do not call the bar for booking requests. Booking is done via email only.
• We are an intimate venue, so if you are super loud you won't be a good fit for us.
• Every band member MUST be over 21 to book a show.
•Once you are booked, absolutely no unvetted, unannounced opening acts.
• This is a tip gig and we earnestly pass the hat during each set. What goes in the hat depends on the fans you bring and the crowd we have. Some bands pull in $20 while others make $200 or more.
• Please do not invite underage fans to your show. They will not be admitted.
• Every performer gets 1 drink per set.
• Your show will be promoted with listings, physical calendar, on the website, weekly email blasts, and other social media outlets.
12 Channel PreSonus STUDIOLIVE 16.0.2 Digital Performance Mixer (does not accept HDMI drives) and JBL House Speakers
2 SHURE SM57 Mics
4 SHURE SM58 Mics
4 Boom Mic Stands
3 Free-Standing/Straight Mic Stand
Roland Jazz Chorus 120 Amp (2 inputs)
Fender Blues Junior Guitar Amp
MXB50 Crate Bass Amp
Yamaha Drum Kit
Bass Drum with Pedal
High Hat Stand
3 Cymbal Stands
Pork Pie Throne
1 Crash Cymbal
2 High Hat Cymbals
Please bring a high-hat clutch if you can.
1 Active DI box
1 Passive DI box
1 Keyboard Stand
2 Music Stands
Big Screen 70 inch plasma screen with a HDMI hookup to PC
Blu Ray/DVD Player/Flash Drive (Mp3 or Mp4 Files)
Our sound board supplies phantom power if needed.
Condenser mics at The Way Station sometimes feed back because they're picking up the sound in the room. If there's a 180 degree setting, meaning it will just pick up everything from the mic and behind it, that might work. But a 360 mic could be problematic.
If you have a Video/Computer emulator/Drive component for your performance, you must arrive at 6:30pm for a trial run to work out any potential kinks. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to alert him that you will be arriving early for an A/V run through. If you do not do a run through, we can only spend 5 minutes on the fly to try and set up for your performance. If it takes longer than that, we will not be able to accommodate your video element.
We've partnered with LIVAMP (www.livamp.com), a live concert video and artist services platform, to give you the option to live stream and archive shows from The Way Station. There's no cost to you or to us, the broadcasts will be available to watch globally, and you'll have a personalized page with your performance on it after the show.
Please reach out to Liz at email@example.com if you're interested in having your show live streamed and/or archived.
You're welcome to videotape your show. You can set up your camera anywhere that doesn't take up seating. You may have a head or two pass in front, but basically you'll have the run of the place. Please don't have a constant light on as it can be very distracting, and when pointed at the stage, it's also pointed at the soundboard (super annoying while doing sound). We can adjust our lights to accommodate your camera, to an extent.
House photography is provided by Liam Cotter Photography. Still photography of performances is available for $50 per hour/set. To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 917-677-9267. To see examples of past shoots, visit www.liam-cotter.com. To ensure availability please book at least 7 days prior to date of performance. Bookings on shorter notice may not be possible.